LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is the most important trend of development and it is revolutionizing the construction industry. It has gained tremendous momentum and has a profound impact on our environment.
From this book, you will learn how to
1. Pass LEED AP exam.
2. Register and certify a building for LEED certification.
3. Understand the intent for each LEED prerequisite and credit.
4. Calculate points for LEED credit.
5. Identify the responsible party for each prerequisite and credit.
6. Earn extra credit (Exemplary Performance) for LEED.
7. Implement the local codes and building standards for prerequisite and credit.
8. Get points for categories not yet clearly defined by USGBC.
Most of the existing books on LEED and LEED AP are too expensive and too complicated to be practical and helpful. This pocket guide demystifies LEED and uncovers the secrets, codes and jargons for LEED as well as the true meaning of "going green." It will set up a solid foundation and fundamental framework of LEED for you. It covers every aspect of LEED-NC in plain and concise language, and introduces it to ordinary people.
This pocket guide is small and easy to carry around. You can read it whenever you have a few extra minutes. It is an indispensable book for ordinary people, developers, contractors, architects, landscape architects, civil, mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers, interns, drafters, designers and other design professionals.